POSTE AUDIO CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE : APRIL 15, 2019
The Centre CLARK invites artists, collectives and curators to submit proposals for audio works for the Poste audio component of its annual programming.
Proposals should be suitable for our audio listening station, located in CLARK’s entrance area adjacent to the library. Projects requiring use of either gallery space will not be considered.* We welcome a variety of presentation modes beyond the usual iPod and headphones set-up, as long as they are adapted to the Poste audio area. For instance, projects may occupy the small “loft” space, be played back through a custom-made device within the library, take the form of a podcast, etc. The selection committee is open to all forms of audio art practice: experimental, electroacoustic, radiophonic, spoken word, improvisation, and other forms of sound art. Please note that the nature of the Poste audio station does not allow for the presentation of videos.
CLARK offers a $300 presentation fee for selected projects. We also offer installation assistance if required, access to Atelier CLARK, and 16 hours of technical help from our technicians for the fabrication of custom wood display or presentation devices.
All candidates must complete this online form (zone festival) with the following elements:
– A brief project description (maximum 250 words);
– An artist statement (maximum 150 words);
– Audio files: Internet link (Soundcloud or other) that includes the proposed project and/or previous relevant audio projects;
– Visual documentation, if necessary (for projects requiring specific display elements, for example) in JPG or PDF format;
– A list of technical requirements and other specifications, if any.
Deadline: April 15, 2019
Please submit your proposals HERE
*Projects requiring use of the gallery space should be submitted to our general call for submissions, which takes place in the fall.