The Centre d’art et de diffusion CLARK is opening a new position for a Communications Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the General and Artistic co-directors, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for all tasks related to the Centre’s communications and management of its social media activities. The Communications Coordinator works in close collaboration with each member of the staff. All activities are carried out in accordance with the Centre’s mission and mandate.
- Develop a communications strategy in collaboration with the Co-directors
- Create and publish content for the Centre’s various platforms (website, newsletter) and social media accounts
- Maintain and update the Centre’s contact list
- Follow up with various communications-related suppliers
- Oversee the Centre’s outreach activities
- Manage the Centre’s website and liaise with the webmaster
- Follow up with the translation and revision of texts
- Design the layout of physical documents (wall texts, vinyl lettering, etc.) for the gallery
- Maintain media relations
- Negotiate agreements with various partners and ensure compliance with planned promotional arrangements.
- Coordinate and produce the Centre’s annual email fundraising campaign
- Establish, revise, and oversee the Centre’s visual identity in collaboration with the Co-directors
University degree in a relevant field (literature, communications, fine arts, translation, marketing, etc.)
Minimum one year of relevant experience related to the position
- Interest in culture, artist-run centres, and contemporary art
- Very good organizational skills and problem-solving abilities, self-sufficiency, and flexibility
- Able to work in an organized manner and to meet deadlines
- Experience in project management and ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- Complete fluency in written and spoken French; effective writing skills
- Good knowledge of English in order to communicate with international artists who do not speak French (if applicable) is an asset
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram)
- Good knowledge of Mailchimp and online ticketing platforms
- At ease working in a Mac environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and video conferencing platforms
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is an asset.
- Schedule: 15 hours per week
- Hourly wage: between $17 and $18.70, based on experience
- Vacation: six weeks/year (July and December holiday break)
- Start date: mid-August 2022
Please submit your application by email and include your CV and a short paragraph or cover letter (optional) no later than August 8, 2022 to [email protected] with “Responsable des communications” in the email subject line.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Centre CLARK follows the principle of equal access to employment; particular attention will be given to applications from people from racialized and Indigenous communities.